November 10, 2004

Welcome to the New Digs

It seemed to me that with the end of chapter one of the book of James this would be a good time to make some changes in operational procedures.

Its been niggling at me -- and Quakes pay attention to niggles (ask anyone who has attended a meeting for worship for business) -- that a proper scripture study should pay attention to all the voices and not just be some guy behind the podium doing all the talking.

So I have created a new blog: Friendly Kwakersaur Skripture Study wherein we can continue. Commenting on postings will continue. As will be my regular comments on my scripture reading on James. But I will be inviting the membership of those who have been commenting regularly on the scripture study postings thus far to become members and thus add their own postings as well as comments.

If you're not a member you can comment on the postings. If you would like to join and post yourself, I'm at kwakersaur@lycos.com. I will consult with the current membership before adding new names.

4 comments:

Larry Clayton said...

David wrote:
"a proper scripture study should pay attention to all the voices and not just be some guy behind the podium doing all the talking."

Spoken like a true Quaker! All my life I've been looking for leaderless groups: no hireling priests!

Ellie and I used to drive 40 miles on the 4th Firstday for the Gainesville Bible Study--14 years old--beautiful. Then the convener retired to moved to Oregon. Succeeded by an aspiring Quaker preacher. Too bad; he wanted to teach.

At my age nobody can teach me -- unless he can also learn from me. Good move Quake (last time I'll use that old name!)

crystal said...

Hi - this should be interesting. I hope it will be ok for me to comment here once in a while :-)

Unknown said...

The next question to ask is do you want to be an "administrator" here.

Apparently you can be a member without being an administrator. Adminsistrators can change the settings on the blog (background colours and stuff) and can delete other people's comments if they are too off the beam.

I'm all for spreading the authority around. Although I would like to see consultation amongst members for such things as deletions and adding new members. Other than that I'm flexible.

How do folks like the colour scheme BTW?

Unknown said...

Oh Crystal.

You should be receiving an invite at the email address I had for you from ages back.

If you don't egt one email me with an address I can sign you up on.