October 13, 2010

Continuing the Quaker Bible

Forest had a noble 'clerkship' here for several years; you may have noticed that I am the only other (listed) contributor.  You may also perceive that we began the blog in Nov of 2004.  As one of the earliest participants had devoted a lot of time on it.

But one's values change; the originator dropped out after several years; several years after that I more or less dropped out, too.  We were fortunate that Forest was here to carry the responsibility.  I occasionally tried to encourage him, but my priorities were (and are) otherwise.

Now it has been empty for about six months.  I feel the need to keep it alive.  I've decided to lean on Oswald Chambers to maintain continuity.  You may find him a good substitute.  Here is his entry for today:

"Moses went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens." Exodus 2:11. We might review the chapter and talk about it.  Failing that I suggest that Friends (and friends) may profit from seeing what Oswald had to say about it.  Feel free to comment.

1 comment:

forrest said...

Okay, I've read the commentary (which could have been posted directly here?)

and it sounds very much like some of my own experience; I've had intuitions of things I was intended to redress, and put all my gifts to work redressing them, and it all came to pppppf!

So I had to back off, take another look-- and now it feels like time to invite folks out of Egypt...

It doesn't mean I was wrong to attempt earlier, but a few forty yearses on the old sheep ranch can give one time to reassess-- and now, God remains ready to help, & I can walk with God a little more humbly, walk with uppity mortals a little less so.

Oh, the many things I already knew better than!-- but couldn't help!