June 06, 2006

The Road to Damascus and the Emmaus Road

David made a very apt comparison between these two events, both described by Luke. They also provide types of the most common encounter between the unconverted and those who become Christians. My own experience falls neatly into place, although Jesus did not actually appear to me; I suppose today that is increasingly rare.

Nevertheless when the spirit of God becomes an over riding internal event in someone's life that is well described as the appearence of Jesus. Both of these examples describe an initial state of confusion; mine did as well. Jesus pointed me to the Heavenly Father, not to himself; that came months (or years) later. Praise the Lord.

I wish everyone could take the freedom to describe his own life changing experience.

No comments: