July 30, 2006

Housekeeping - Crystal

I do wish to remain a part of the scripture discussion blog. I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to. Part of the reason might be one thing David mentioned - that I wonder if you guys are getting tired of hearing my catholic pov over and over. The other thing is that I'm struggling, as usual, with personal problems, and those get all wrapped up in religious issues. That can make it hard to write, but I still want to try.

I'm not sure I have any suggestions about how we should proceed. I appreciate both an analytical and a contemplative/emotional approach. The question that arises for me is, I guess, whether the scriptures touch me in some real way that matters, and if so, if I can express that ... for my own clarification and for a sharing with others.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy Crystal.

Any thoughts on how the emotional/contemplative side could be given greater space here?

Also -- any thoughts on our next project? Continue with Acts? Try something else?

crystal said...

Hmmmm - how could contemplation be given more space. I think it's harder to write about maybe because it's more personal? We might take a scriptural passage and all try to put ourselves into it as one of the participants (the imaginative method), or we might contemplate it in the centering prayer way, and write about our actual "experience" or lack thereof.

I don't know what we should read next. I like stuff with Jesus in it, but there are only so many.

alisicia said...

Hi Crystal, I thought you might like to use this to further your bible studies!

The Shepherds Chapel
http://www.shepherdschapel.com/


Enjoy! alisicia