April 16, 2011

Seek First the Kingdom

See first the kingdom of God and all these things....
I've read that hundreds of times and preached on it, but suddenly in the quiet hour this morning it came to me with new meaning. I've frequently said that I give God a few minutes every day, but that just isn't what he said:
seek first!

Well it came to me that it doesn't just mean early in the morning; it means every minute of the day. Can you do that? Well I sure haven't ever done it!

This morning in the quiet time it came to me to ask for that power in my daily bread. I can't wait to see what happens.

Try it! and let us know what happened.

2 comments:

forrest said...

The Google program ate my comment!

I'd gone on quite a ways about how the ancient Israelites messed up trying to get there from Egypt, and what great hindsight that provides (if only they'd had us to show them what not to do when Yahwey busts you out of slavery!)

And the gist was, Jesus already told us what God is like, that it isn't God keeping us from finding our way there.

Larry Clayton said...

Thanks, Forrest. We're getting there ole buddy.