February 02, 2012

Luke 12.49->

"I have come to set fire to the Earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

"I have baptism to undergo; and how hampered I am until the ordeal is over!

"Do you suppose I have come to establish peace on Earth? No, indeed, I have come to bring division. From now on, five members of a family will be divided, three against two and two against three: father against son and son against father; mother against daughter and daughter against mother; mother against son's wife and son's wife against her mother-in-law."

He also said to the people, "When you see cloud banking up in the west, you say at once, 'It is going to rain,' and rain it does. And when the wind is from the south, you say, 'There will be a heat wave,' and there is. What a troupe of actors you are! You know how to interpret the appearance of Earth and sky; how is it that you can't interpret this fateful hour?"

"And why can't you judge for yourself, what is the right course? While you are going with your opponent to court, make an effort to settle with him while you are still on the way. Otherwise he may drag you before the judge; and the judge hand you over to the constable; and the constable put you in jail. I tell you, you will not come out until you have paid the last farthing."

No comments: