March 22, 2007

I too may be on the way out.

I have been, voluntarily or just accidentally, bugging out of participation here. Partly from having the system all churned-up by the site service-providers, mainly from caring-less and feeling that I would rather be fixing my old go-playing program to run again, only redesigned to improve its game sufficiently in maybe a million years or so of playing with itself....

The Bible. A collection of stories-of and ravings-by people who once lived their lives in reference to God.

Here we are, reading these books in an age of disconnection. (Like all the other ages we've ever heard of...) Our civilization offers us the choice of being disconnected atheists or disconnected believers. God knows we can't live that way; it's just not eternally viable! But this seems to be the norm.

I've seen a lot of comments here. I can't be sure my own comments are better–How would I know what blind spots I'm not seeing?-- but most of what I've observed has been people busy confirming their own mental baggage. If this were an airplane it would still be on the runway struggling to move against all the anchors we'd hung out the windows.

I can't prove myself innocent, nor would it matter. What I'm saying is that this exercise, as we've been practicing it, is useless. No wonder people quit (or stay away from the beginning) in droves.

Am I the only one who's felt this? What might be a better approach?

2 comments:

Larry Clayton said...

Forrest, I would be glad to hear what, if any, approach you might think is better.

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting to look around here - I hope to be joining the conversation soon!