May 29, 2012

Move to Wordpress

As I asked everyone here about some time ago, I've moved everything previous to a wordpress site: Reading the Light Through the Pages. All of it remains here in the bassackwards order the blog form imposes on us.

The advantage of wordpress is that we should be able to organize things more readably, adding a structure of fixed pages to allow for following whatever books were/will-be discussed, in natural (rather than reverse-time) order.

The bad news is that information on authorship of posts has evidently been stripped from the copies at that site. Anyone concerned about their authorship information should please leave a comment and I will certainly want to rectify the problem. [Meanwhile I'm still learning to navigate the new quirks of wordpress, re moving the rest of the content (links, etc.)]

Everyone who's participated here, and anyone else wishing to join us, may contact me-- (please!) as "treegestalt" at that address on gmail.com .

Any belated objections-- I'll try to fix!

Forrest Curo

-----------

Update: I've been adding links to the new site, enough to mark the beginnings of each Biblical book in the discussions

Finding one's way through each book is still dependent (mostly) on the site's default links to 'previous' and 'next post'.

Authorship of each post remains muddled, past the first chapters of James.

2 comments:

forrest said...

Okay, I can add a byline, and include a link to anybody's blogger profile (or elsewhere, if preferred.) A little clunky, but works.

forrest said...

For anyone still following here:

The new site is now set up to let people locate the beginning of each Biblical book covered.

Wordpress provides a default link from each post to the previous & next posts. To cover the many lurches from one book to another, I'm adding links to connect adjacent passages ... but at this point I'm still halfway through James.

Similar slow progreww with pasting the correct author into each post (all having been automatically assigned to me when I imported them, sorry!)