January 09, 2005

Marjorie on the Wedding Feast

I cheated this time and read your posts and comments first!

The one thing that really struck me was the statement that he saved the best for last. Not only do I see this as a source of hope that whatever comes 'after' life will be the best, I also find an exhortation to patience in it. Stop, be still, the best is yet to come.

Notations from my previous study of John -- Jesus cares about the mundane details of our lives, like whether there is enough wine at the feast.

The transformation of the water is indicative of the incredible transformation that Jesus can do in our own lives.

1 comment:

crystal said...

Hi Marjorie. I'm glad you pointed out that sentence about the best being saved for last - somehow I missed that. Interesting how we all noticed different things :-)