June 27, 2005

John 17 ... crystal

When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me, and I guarded them, and none of them was lost except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled.

... Judas, I guess? I wonser what it means exactly to be "lost"?

I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that you keep them from the evil one.

...the evil one ... Ignatius calls him the enemy or the bad spirit ... it seems that most modern christians believe more in a depersonalized evil rather than a personification of it as is mentioned here.

Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

... we are a gift to Jesus :-) like children? You loved me before the foundation of the world - the trinity existing, 3 in 1, a timeless relationship to which we can belong.

2 comments:

Larry Clayton said...

For me to be lost is to be without direction in life, without a guiding principle that gives life meaning.

As in Ephesians 4:14.

crystal said...

Hi Larry. That's a good definition of lost.