June 17, 2005

Pending Invites

I have taken the initiative to invite two more folks to join us if their spirits incline in such a direction. I invite them to peruse past comments and consider sagely before diving in.

The two folks in question are:

Lorcan Otway of Plain in the City; and

Joe G. of BeppeBlog

I was also intending to invite Amanda of Of the Best, But Plain but could not locate her email on her profile.

I'm also open to suggestions for additional members and/or functional limits on our group size. These two folks create a certain gender inequity as well as a certain weighting towards Quakes -- if that is of any concern to the Catholics and Episcopalians present.

4 comments:

crystal said...

I would be happy to have the people you mentioned join us. I won't worry about being the only catholic unless you guys take to calling me "the papist" :-)

Larry Clayton said...

That's great, David. I would especially love to see Amanda in the group. You may have to put your invitation in a comment to her blog.

Amanda said...

I *used* to be a Catholic... :)

If I did join I'm not sure how much I'd contribute for a while, as there are big games afoot and I'm up to my elbows in stuff. I'm honoured to be thought of, though. Maybe I'll wait a month or so on the invite?

Unknown said...

That's great Amanda -- just let us know. And we'll renew teh offer when we're done with John.

We are BTW folks -- getting towards the denoument -- this big discouse of Jesus is working its way towards the via dolorosa. So at some point we will be asking what's next?

One reason for inviting new folks in before we're done with John is so they'll have a chance to help pick the next book -- if there is to be one. Maybe we're scriptured out and want to try something else.