February 11, 2005

Feeding the Masses -- Marjorie

I don't have anything of note to say about this. While I've heard people say that it is a parable of sharing and that the food was not actually multiplied, I believe it was a miracle and a parable. Crystal, I had also heard that the 5,000 only counted the men, so there were probably more than twice as many people there with women and children.

When Jesus realized that they were about to come and take him by force to make him king, he withdrew again to the mountain by himself.

This struck me, they want to make him king and he withdraws. They want to take him and kill him and he submits (granted, he escaped several times before when his work was not finished).

3 comments:

crystal said...

Hi Marjorie. I take all the miracles at face value, thinking that they did actually happen. I wonder if I'm in the minority or majority and how it breaks down as far as different belief systems.

Larry Clayton said...

Crystal and Marjorie, like you I take all the miracles at face value. Of course, like all other language, that statement may imply different things to different people. We are all different, but becoming "One". PTL!

Unknown said...

So then we can take from your observation Jesus did not need to be made king (he already was) but he did need to be killed - ironically as those in power found him to be a threat.